AFM® is quite simply the most efficient granular filtration medium available on the market. It is highly engineered to give optimum mechanical filtration performance in a range of industrial and municipal water filtration applications. AFM® replaces sand in all filtration applications and can be used in a conventional sand filter without modification. Filtration up to 1micron can be achieved without micron filtration.
- Pre Treatment Prior to Membranes (RO / UF Plants)
- Removal of Arsenic, Ferric and Manganese
- Cooling Tower side-stream filtration
- Tertiary Treatment of effluent
- Swimming Pool Filtration System
- Corporation Water Supply
- Lake Filtration & River Water Filtration
- Aquaculture (High TDS Water) Pre Filtration
- AFM® is a direct replacement for sand in any type of sand filter
- Reduces backwash water demand by an average of 50%.
- Will not support Bacterial growth (Fouling)
- Increase the life of Membranes (RO / UF)
- Substantially reduces product water oxidation demand.
- Have Life span up-to 14 years
- Has more than double the fine particle retention performance of any other media
- Has an engineered, activated surface to adsorb fine particles including specific priority substances, heavy metals and metalloids including arsenic.
- Resists biological fouling and prevents resultant channelling.
- Provides quick return on investment, usually less than 2 years on water consumption alone.
- Has a life cycle more than 4 times longer than sand.
- Is certified ISO 9001: – 2015, ISO 14001 & 18001 standards & is certified HACCP NSF50 & for drinking water use under European DWI Reg 31 & NSF61.